FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER AND YOUTUBE

@JaneAustenCode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKYzhndOGsI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9WkpqjJPR4
(& scroll down to read my literary sleuthing posts)
Thanks! -- Arnie Perlstein, Portland, OR

Thursday, April 28, 2011

International Readership

As I monitor my blog statistics from time to time, I am always fascinated by how international my readership is--yes, about 2/3 of the "hits" originate in the United States, and another 1/9 come from Canada, the UK and Australia (which is exactly what one would expect), but that still leaves over 20% from other countries where English is a second (or even less primary) language, and that is what I am curious about.

So....if you are a regular or sporadic reader of this blog, and come from one of those other countries (those with the most hits overall are, in order, Germany, the Netherlands, Russia, Denmark, South Korea, Sweden, Spain, Ukraine, Slovenia, China, Iran, Brazil, France and Greece), I would love it if you would respond to this post (preferably with your real name but that is not absolutely necessary), tell what country you hail from, and say something about Jane Austen in relation to your country, or about how you think my main theme of Jane Austen as a radical feminist plays out in 2011 in your country?

Don't be shy, I think it would be very interesting to see how people from around the world respond to Jane Austen!

Cheers, ARNIE

No comments: