One of the cool things about a blog like this is that you can see some statistics about the readership--the geographical distribution, some of the URL links that led to my blog, and also some of the search terms that led some folks to the blog.
I just had to laugh when I read the 6 latest search terms, which I repeat, below, verbatim:
miami herald feature on arnold perlstein jane austen
"jane austen" death cause
arnold perlstein fraud in florida
jane austen pregnancy
jane austen sarcasm irony metaphors northanger abbey
I am reasonably certain that the third search term was NOT motivated by an interest in characters like Henry Crawford! It should be no surprise to anyone who follows this blog that some Janeites are not extremely overjoyed at things going well for me in my community organizing and my book project.
To which I say something along the lines of "Let them enjoy a self-oriented sexual experience if they can't take a joke!" or words to that effect!
- Deirdre Le Faye & Me: "I am a scholar, she is a scholar: so far we are equal"
- The Hunger Games’s Veiled Allusion to Shakespeare’s Titus Andronicus
- August Wayne Booth in Once Upon A Time: Jane Austen Really IS Everywhere in 2012!
- Darcy's "We neither of us perform to strangers": a Radical New Interpretation
- 20 shades of hero/villain Mr. Darcy