I would like to pass along to you all an email from a creative, musical young singer-songwriter/Janeite, Holly Christina, which includes a link to the Youtube link for her song and music video which I just listened to and enjoyed. One thing I know for sure is that Jane Austen would heartily approve of Holly's entrepreneurial spirit and witty playfulness.
EMAIL FROM HOLLY CHRISTINA:
Hi Janeites in cyberspace,
Greetings from New Zealand. Hoping that many of you have a passion for all things Jane Austen, I'm sending you the link to the music video for my new song "Jane Austen":
The song takes us on a journey from the 2000s back to the 1800s. I would love to share this with as many Jane Austen fans as possible (who will hopefully enjoy the symbolism and humour of the song), so please feel free to pass this link on in whatever manner you wish. The song is available on iTunes.
Kind regards, Holly Christina
- Deirdre Le Faye & Me: "I am a scholar, she is a scholar: so far we are equal"
- August Wayne Booth in Once Upon A Time: Jane Austen Really IS Everywhere in 2012!
- The Hunger Games’s Veiled Allusion to Shakespeare’s Titus Andronicus
- Veiled Allusions in Friends With Benefits--Who'd Have Thunk it?!
- Austenland: The Movie was Fun, but the Novel was Better [SPOILER ALERT as to both]
- Darcy's "We neither of us perform to strangers": a Radical New Interpretation
- Rick Santorum would have been the worst person in the world to Jane Austen too!
- The Veiled Allusion to Twelfth Night in Jane Austen's Letter 85....and Pride & Prejudice!: Make of it WHAT YOU WILL
- The Complex Hidden Allusion to Shakespeare’s As You Like It in Jane Austen’s Emma
- MORE clues that Once Upon A Time is a sly reworking of Jane Austen's Emma!