Some of those who've ever wondered how so many of JA's fictional mothers died prematurely might be interested to attend my breakout session at the upcoming JASNA AGM to be held over Halloween weekend in Portland, Oregon, where my topic will be " 'Remember the country and age in which we live": The Covert Death-in-Childbirth Anti-parody in Northanger Abbey".
If anyone would like to discuss this particular subject further with me before then, fire away!
- Deirdre Le Faye & Me: "I am a scholar, she is a scholar: so far we are equal"
- Darcy's "We neither of us perform to strangers": a Radical New Interpretation
- The Hunger Games’s Veiled Allusion to Shakespeare’s Titus Andronicus
- August Wayne Booth in Once Upon A Time: Jane Austen Really IS Everywhere in 2012!
- Rick Santorum would have been the worst person in the world to Jane Austen too!
- 20 shades of hero/villain Mr. Darcy
- The Great Gadsby: an overnight lesbian feminist ‘comedy’ sensation 10+ years in the making (& 3 millenia overdue)
- Austenland: The Movie was Fun, but the Novel was Better [SPOILER ALERT as to both]
- Can Jane Austen forgive Marianne?
- The secret codeword Shakespeare devilishly hid in plain sight in Romeo & Juliet that Shakespeare Uncovered DIDN’T uncover—but John Milton (and then I) did!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment