The above is the link to a beautiful, vivid notice put out by the Alvin Sherman Library at Nova Southeastern University, advertising our Jane Austen event to take place on Sunday January 23, 2011, as well as a couple of teen-oriented Austen events earlier in that same week.
We're distributing 2,000 postcards with that same notice of our event all around South Florida, and this event will hopefully be the "magnet" to pull all the Janeite "needles" out of our sprawling suburban metropolis.
Please help me spread the word!
- Deirdre Le Faye & Me: "I am a scholar, she is a scholar: so far we are equal"
- Darcy's "We neither of us perform to strangers": a Radical New Interpretation
- The Hunger Games’s Veiled Allusion to Shakespeare’s Titus Andronicus
- August Wayne Booth in Once Upon A Time: Jane Austen Really IS Everywhere in 2012!
- Rick Santorum would have been the worst person in the world to Jane Austen too!
- 20 shades of hero/villain Mr. Darcy
- The Great Gadsby: an overnight lesbian feminist ‘comedy’ sensation 10+ years in the making (& 3 millenia overdue)
- Austenland: The Movie was Fun, but the Novel was Better [SPOILER ALERT as to both]
- Can Jane Austen forgive Marianne?
- The secret codeword Shakespeare devilishly hid in plain sight in Romeo & Juliet that Shakespeare Uncovered DIDN’T uncover—but John Milton (and then I) did!
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment