I have been enjoying, for some time, noticing in this blog's stats that I have readers from all around the world. I know many of you are shy and don't want to post, but I would be thrilled and honored if anyone who has read and enjoyed this blog during the past 15 months since I started posting regularly here, would add a comment to this post and tell us what country you're from, and anything else you'd like to say about yourself, and/or Jane Austen, and/or why you read along here, etc etc etc.
And to those of you who read in silence, my thanks to you all for that.
- Deirdre Le Faye & Me: "I am a scholar, she is a scholar: so far we are equal"
- Darcy's "We neither of us perform to strangers": a Radical New Interpretation
- The Hunger Games’s Veiled Allusion to Shakespeare’s Titus Andronicus
- August Wayne Booth in Once Upon A Time: Jane Austen Really IS Everywhere in 2012!
- 20 shades of hero/villain Mr. Darcy
- Rick Santorum would have been the worst person in the world to Jane Austen too!
- The Great Gadsby: an overnight lesbian feminist ‘comedy’ sensation 10+ years in the making (& 3 millenia overdue)
- Austenland: The Movie was Fun, but the Novel was Better [SPOILER ALERT as to both]
- The secret codeword Shakespeare devilishly hid in plain sight in Romeo & Juliet that Shakespeare Uncovered DIDN’T uncover—but John Milton (and then I) did!
- Can Jane Austen forgive Marianne?