For those who might be interested and have not already taken the trouble to browse the Net on this subject, the following is just a sampler of responsible journalists and intelligent bloggers who have all written about Strauss-Kahn's pattern of behavior toward women over many years, and who have also written about the political, legal and journalistic culture of France which has shaped a very different response to same than would ever have occurred in the United States:
The part that I believe would have been of greatest interest to Jane Austen is the hypocrisy, the accommodation to the exertion of male power over women.
- Deirdre Le Faye & Me: "I am a scholar, she is a scholar: so far we are equal"
- The Hunger Games’s Veiled Allusion to Shakespeare’s Titus Andronicus
- Darcy's "We neither of us perform to strangers": a Radical New Interpretation
- August Wayne Booth in Once Upon A Time: Jane Austen Really IS Everywhere in 2012!
- 20 shades of hero/villain Mr. Darcy