I just realized that I was one day off in my notices as to the date of the Austenmania event which will be held in Broward County. Here is the correct information (which I have also corrected in the masthead of the blog):
SUNDAY, JANUARY 23, 2011, 1-4 pm, at Alvin Sherman Library, Nova Southeastern University (NSU) in Davie, with presentations by Arnie on ""The Shadow Story of /Emma: /Jane Austen the Secret Radical Feminist" and by NSU Prof. Suzanne Ferriss on "Becoming Jane: Austen and Contemporary Popular Culture"
I apologize for my error, and trust that I have corrected it early enough to avert anyone showing up on the wrong day!
- Deirdre Le Faye & Me: "I am a scholar, she is a scholar: so far we are equal"
- Darcy's "We neither of us perform to strangers": a Radical New Interpretation
- The Hunger Games’s Veiled Allusion to Shakespeare’s Titus Andronicus
- August Wayne Booth in Once Upon A Time: Jane Austen Really IS Everywhere in 2012!
- 20 shades of hero/villain Mr. Darcy
- Rick Santorum would have been the worst person in the world to Jane Austen too!
- The Great Gadsby: an overnight lesbian feminist ‘comedy’ sensation 10+ years in the making (& 3 millenia overdue)
- Austenland: The Movie was Fun, but the Novel was Better [SPOILER ALERT as to both]
- Can Jane Austen forgive Marianne?
- The secret codeword Shakespeare devilishly hid in plain sight in Romeo & Juliet that Shakespeare Uncovered DIDN’T uncover—but John Milton (and then I) did!