FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER AND YOUTUBE

@JaneAustenCode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKYzhndOGsI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9WkpqjJPR4
(& scroll down to read my literary sleuthing posts)
Thanks! -- Arnie Perlstein, Portland, OR

Saturday, January 15, 2011

O Ahnold---Hasta la vista, Titania!

Apropos my blog post yesterday about related acrostics in Emma, Midsummer Night's Dream and Nabokov's "The Vane Sisters", I did a little Googling to see who else has indulged in a little acrostical fun over the years, and I just found a veru unlikely author of same--the Gubernator, who apparently had some "acrostical awareness"--this is a public letter that Ahnold apparently sent 13 months ago:

To the Members of the California State Assembly:
I am returning Assembly Bill 1176 without my signature.

For some time now I have lamented the fact that................ major issues are overlooked while many

unnecessary bills come to me for consideration................. Water reform, prison reform, and health

care are major issues my Administration has brought to the table, but the Legislature just

kicks the can down the alley.

Yet another legislative year has come and gone without the major reforms Californians

overwhelmingly deserve. In light of this, and after careful consideration, I believe it is

unnecessary to sign this measure at this time.

Sincerely,
Arnold Schwarzenegger


I hope I do not need to explain further.

Cheers, ARNIE

No comments: