FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER AND YOUTUBE

@JaneAustenCode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKYzhndOGsI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9WkpqjJPR4
(& scroll down to read my literary sleuthing posts)
Thanks! -- Arnie Perlstein, Portland, OR

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A temporary lull in this blog....

To those who've been kind enough to keep reading along in this blog the past few months (I never fail to get a kick out of the "stats" which tell me that people from five continents are among my followers), I apologize for the recent lull in my postings, but I've been quite taken up in the euphoria and responsibility of the aftermath of the Nova event I describe in my masthead blurb. Creating a new face-to-face community of, potentially, hundreds of Janeites, is a rush, but it's also hard work, and it sometimes requires thinking fast on my feet, and sometimes requires cool reflection. But it's always very satisfying, every time I speak to a fellow Janeite resident of Broward, Miami-Dade, or Boca Raton, and hear their happiness at finally having other local Janeites to talk to!

So, I suspect I will be posting much less frequently during the next month, as I will now not only be caught up in community-creation, but will also take the final steps to move my book project forward.

But please feel free to browse around in the archives of this blog, which now consists of a pretty large number of postings, covering a large number of diverse topics in Austen studies, as well as a much smaller number about Shakespeare, Joyce, Nabokov, and Twain, etc. I suspect many of you "tuned into" this blog sometime in the past 4-5 months, when I dramatically increased my posting frequency, and what I have been saying is all of a piece, so I would be honored if you'd go back into the archives, read what I have written, and give me some fresh reactions to whatever strikes your fancy.

Cheers, Arnie

No comments: